Edwin A. Johnson Papers
Scope and Contents
Materials include copies of Johnson's biographical data; reports of his burial (2003); copies of newspaper clippings (1945, 2004); copy photographs of Johnson (1944), his father (1906) and related monument (n.d.); notes and correspondence (1945, 2008).
- 1906, 1944-1945, 2003-2008
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edwin Allen Johnson was born on January 24, 1922 at New Haven, Conn. He entered military service in September 1942 at Rutland, Vt. Commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in November 1944, Johnson assumed command of a platoon in Company B for the 85th Infantry Regiment in the 10th Mountain Division. Johnson was wounded in action at Mount Belvedere, Italy on February 20, 1945. He died of his wounds on May 27, 1945 at the 12th General Hospital, Leghorn, Italy.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ann Fair, 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biography files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson, Edwin A., 1922-1945 -- Archives.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script