Linwood M. Erskine Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 110 b/w photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Northern Italy, Austria and Camp Carson, Colo.
- Erskine, Linwood, M.,Jr.,1923- (Person)
- Erskine, Linwood, M., Jr., 1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Linwood Mandeville Erskine Jr. was born on August 28, 1923 in Worcester, Massachusetts and elisted in the Army on March 30, 1943 at Fort Devens, Massachusetts. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working in the manufacture of automobiles. Erskine joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment and also served with Headquarters of the Third Battalion of the 86th. He was later stationed at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Erskine was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his actions in the Apennine Mountains and Po Valley. He attained the rank of Sergeant.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Linwood M. Erskine Jr.; 2019, Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Erskine, Linwood, M., Jr., 1923- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linwood M. Erskine Jr. Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States