Joseph Stettner Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a photo album of Camp Hale activities: rock climbing, evacuation, belay, skiing and maneuvers. Stettner and others are well identified.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Stettner was born in Munich, Germany on September 8, 1901 and enlisted in the Army on November 9, 1942 at Chicago, Illinois. At the time of enlistment he was divorced, had completed grammar school and working in the sheet metal trade. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of the 87th Infantry Regiment. Stettner died on March 4, 1997 in Laramie, Wyoming.
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Virginia Madsen; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photo albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stettner, Joe, 1901-1997 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joseph Stettner Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script