Bank of Irwin records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains two letters between the Bank of Irwin and the First National Bank of Denver: 1. regarding deed to Victor A. Wilder for "Old Mexico Lode" claim in Ruby mining district, Gunnison County, Colo.; 2. escrow transaction involving Richard Irwin and H.C. Thompson.
- Check date
- Bank of Irwin (Irwin, Colo.). (Organization)
- First National Bank of Denver. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Mining town located 10 miles from Crested Butte in Gunnison County, Colo. Established in 1879 as Ruby Camp, name later changed to Irwin after RIchard Irwin, who had prospected in the area. Mining continued until 1885 when high production costs caused town's demise.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;First National Bank,Denver, Colo.ln.d.
Photocopies of originals held at First National Bank of Denver.
- Bank of Irwin (Irwin, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Banks and banking -- Irwin -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mining claims -- Colorado -- Gunnison County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Old Mexico Lode (Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Finding Aid for the Bank of Irwin records,1880 Oct. 4, 20[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States