Wood, Jones, Lewis, Kindley Family Genealogy
Scope and Contents
Collection contains genealogical material, and documentation about the families of Theodore Norman Jones of Valparaiso, Indiana and Olive Sophronia Lewis of Durand, Iowa; Clayton Freeman Wood of Iowa and Sara Ellen (Ella) Kindley of Bangor, Iowa; Lloyd E. Jones and Mabel Irene Wood. Included are copies of the memories: "I Remember" (1949) by Ellen (Ella) Kindley Wood; "Western Slope: A Childhood in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado" (2000) and clippings of family stories from the Telluride Watch newspaper (v.4, n.21-29, May 26-July 28, 2000) by Joyce J. Giffen. Also included are a Leonard C. Jones scrapbook (1940-1963), family photographs, and a photo album.
- Griffen, Joyce J., 1926- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Genealogical information on the Jones-Lewis-Wood-Kindley families of Iowa and Indiana whose descendants moved to Colorado's Weld and Boulder Counties at the turn of the 19th century. Joyce J. Griffen, a descendant of these families, lived with her family near Crested Butte, Colorado in the 1930s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Joyce J. Griffen, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Boulder (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crested Butte (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogical tables Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Griffen, Joyce J. 1926- -- Archives.
- Iowa -- Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jones family -- Archives.
- Jones, Leonard C. -- Archives.
- Kindley family -- Archives.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lewis family -- Archives.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Quaker women -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wood Family Archives.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States