Daniel J. Muffoletto oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Muffoletto's experiences: early life and learning of the start of the war while working as an auto mechanic; joining the Army and basic training in Camp Blanding, Fla.; being sent to Va. and then to Italy; arrival in Naples and conditions; being sick in hospital for 38 days; assignment to rifle company then to headquarters company and work as a telephone lineman; being awarded a Bronze Star Medal; personal experiences during the war, hearing of President Roosevelt's death while in a fox hole; his perspective on modern war and service; homecoming and time in the service.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel J. Mufoletto was born on April 12, 1925 in Baltimore, Md. and enlisted in the Army on January 26, 1944 at Baltimore. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed one year of high school and working as a automobile repairman. Muffoletto received his basic training at Camp Blanding, Fla. before joining the 10th Mountain Division as a replacement soldier in Italy where he was a member of Headquarters Company of the 87th Infantry Regiment. Muffoletto received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at the Po River on April 23, 1945 and attained the rank of Private First Class.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muffoletto, Daniel J., 1925- -- Interviews.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Daniel J. Muffoletto oral history,2012[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script