Denver American Indian Commission Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence, clippings, reports, flyers, mayor's resolutions, notes.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Commission established to enhance present and future communications between the Denver American Indian community and the City and County of Denver, Colo. Objectives are to advocate for social and cultural awareness and to promote economic and political equality.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Darius Lee Smith, 2010.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver American Indian Commission -- Archives.
- Indians of North America -- Political activity -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minorities -- Political activity -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- North American Indigenous Games.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script