Alvie L. Allen Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a scrapbook with photographs, maps and hand-written annotations (Sept. 1942-March 1945); photograph (copy) of Alvie Allen at Camp Hale (1944); book: Alvlie L. Allen 1942-1945 by Betty Geneva Stark, Vera Jo Coffer (n.d.); DVD copies: Tramway builders (ca.1994), Fire on the mountain (2003).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alvie Lee Allen was born on July 11, 1920 in Waldron, Ark.. and enlisted in the Army on July 13, 1942. Allen served with the 126th Engineering Battalion of the 10th Mountain Division from September 1942 until he was killed in action near Marano, Italy on March 23, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Vera Coffer and Betty Stark;2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Allen, Alvie L., 1920-1945 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Engineer Mountain Battalion, 126th -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives.
- Alvie L. Allen Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script