Cornelius M. Molenaar Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains approximately 350 black and white, and color photos of individuals, groups, activities and training at Kiska, in Italy and Yugoslavia (October 1942-November 1945) and the Vail reunion (1983); 74 35mm color slides of Camp Hale, Colo. and 23 35mm color slides of Italy (n.d.).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Cornelius Molenaar was born on December 13, 1920 in Los Angeles, California. He enlisted in the Army at Los Angeles on October 8, 1942. At the time of enlistment he had completed one year of college, was unmarried and working as a toolmaker. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of the 87th Infantry Regiment, but also served with Companies C, I, and M of the 87th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 87th Infantry Regiment, and the 10th Mountain Reconnaisance Troop. Molenaar was also stationed at Fort Ord, California; Kiska, Alaska; Camp Swift, Texas and the Italian Campaign. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. Molenaar died in Golden, Colorado on November 22, 1994.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Cornelius M. Molenaar; 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Molenaar, Cornelius M., 1920-1994 -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cornelius M. Molenaar Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 7, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script