Karl F. Horlitz Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 2 pen and ink drawings on card stock of the Italian Campaign (1945).
- Circa 1944
- Horlitz, Karl F.,1921- (Person)
- Horlitz, Karl F., 1921- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Karl Hortlitz was born in Germany in 1921 and immigrated to the United States in 1921. Although not an American citizen, he completed four years of high school and elisted in the Army on January 26, 1944 at New York City, N.Y. At the time of enlistment Horlitz was working in a manufacturing plant. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company G of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Horlitz, Karl F., 1921- -- Archives.
- Pen-and-wash drawings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Karl F. Horlitz Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 7, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States