Raymond M. Zelina oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Zelina's experiences: being a career army member, who also served in Korea; value and characteristics of mules; Italy, and being hospitalized because of contracting yellow jaundice; psychology being the training of soldiers; role of veterans in organizations.
- Check date
- Zelina, Raymond M.,1924-2009. (Person)
- Zelina, Raymond M., 1924-2009, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Raymond M. Zelina was born in Ohio on January 22, 1924 and enlisted in the Army at Cleveland on January 20, 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school, and working in a machine shop. Zelina joined the 605th Field Artillery Battalion (Pack) at Camp Carson, Colo. where he was assigned to Headquarters, and later served with Battery A. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. when his battalion became attached to the Divsion at Camp Hale, Colo. Zelina also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. During combat operations near Sassomolare, he was awared the Bronze Star medal for his actions on March 2, 1945. Zelina died in Leesburg, Fla. on December 30, 2009.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 605th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Zelina, Raymond M., 1924-2009 -- Interviews.
- Finding Aid for the Raymond M. Zelina oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States