Gerald H. Ripley Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Ripley's photo album with 24 black and white photographs of skiing and rock climbing at Camp Hale, Colo.; aerial tramway at Riva Ridge, Italy; General Mark Clark. A file of personal papers, including military orders, maps, and Riva Ridge insignia.
- Ripley, Gerald H.,1917-1992. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gerald Hull Ripley was born in Iowa on November 11, 1917 and joined the 10th Mountain Division in Italy in 1945. He was assigned to Company C of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Ripley received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Riva Ridge (Mt. Serrasiccia) on February 21, 1945, and was wounded in action on February 22, 1945. He attained the rank of Private First Class. Ripley died on August 22, 1992 in Cape Coral, Florida.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ripley, Gerald H., 1917-1992 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gerald H. Ripley Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 7, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script