Lucian D. Warner Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lucian D. Warner was born in Port Dalhousie, Ontario, Canada in 1903 and enlisted in the Army at Hartford, Connecticut in 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and was working as a manager. Warner joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of the 87th Infantry Division, later transferring to Companies M, K,and E of the 87th. He also served at Fort Ord, California; Kiska, Alaska; Camp Carson, Colorado; and Camp Swift, Texas. Warner attained the rank of Private First Class. He died in 1992.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Faith Warner; 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slides (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- Warner, Lucian D., 1903-1992 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lucian D. Warner Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 9, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script