Eric C. Wilson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 56 b/w photographs of Company C, 85th Infantry Regiment at Camp Hale, Colo. and also in Italy.
- Wilson, Eric C.,1916-1998. (Person)
- Wilson, Eric C., 1916-1998 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Eric C. Wilson was born August 13, 1916 in Rockford, Illinois. He completed four years of high school prior to enlisting in the Army. During World War II, Wilson served with the 85th Infantry Division’s Company C, part of the 10th Mountain Division. He was stationed at Camp Hale, Colorado, Camp Swift, Texas and in Italy. Following the war, he was stationed briefly at Camp Carson, Colorado. Wilson was awarded two Bronze Star Medals during the 10th Mountain Division’s Italian Campaign. The first was for his actions at Mount Gorgolesco on February 22, 1945 and the second at Mount San Michele on April 19, 1945. In his later life, he was also known as Eric C. Willson. He died on May 17, 1998 in Rockford, Ill.
1 photo folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Eric Wilson; 1996.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Pictorial works.
- Wilson, Eric C., 1916-1998 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eric C. Wilson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- July 11, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States