Arthur F. Thompson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of Thompson's memoirs: A Military Journey - memoirs of Arthur F. Thompson as a 10th Mountain Division soldier in World War II (2013).
- circa 2000
- Thompson, Arthur F.(Arhur Frederick),1925-2014. (Person)
- Thompson, Tommy, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Arthur Frederick Thompson was born on April 5, 1925 in Port Henry, New York and enlisted in the Army on March 8, 1943 at Albany. New York. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Thompson was recruited by the National Ski Patrol and joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado where he was a member of Company F of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Texas and in Italy. Thompson received the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Torbole on April 28, 1945 and was wounded in action at Castel d'Aiano on March 13, 1945. He attained the rank of Sergeant and was a machine gun squad leader. Thompson died on December 13, 2014.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Tommy Thompson; 2015.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thompson, Arthur F. (Arhur Frederick), 1925-2014 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arthur F. Thompson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 23, 2002
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States