Landgon E. Morris architectural records
Identifier: C MSS WH2177
Scope and Contents
Collection contains detailed architectural drawings for three historic preservation projects: reconstruction of the Hamill House Museum's out house structure in Georgetown (1978); conversion of Trinidad Fire House no.1 and City Hall (1981); redevelopment of St. Andrew's Abbey in Denver (1976).
- Check date
- Morris, Langdon E.,1923-2008. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Landgon Emmons Morris, Jr. was born in Manhattan, N.Y. on January 29, 1923. He attended Philips Exeter Academy, Princeton University, and after WWII service with the U.S. Marines, graduated from the Pratt Institute (1950) and did graduate study with architect Mies van der Rohe at Illinois Institute of Technology and worked five years with architect Harry Weese in Chicago. Morris moved to Denver, Colo. in the mid-1950s and went on to design a variety of projects around the state: Larimer Square, Trinidad Children's Museum, Officers Golf Club at the U.S. Air Force Academy, St. Andrew's Abbey. He was involved with historic preservation projects around the state and served on the Denver Landmark Preservation Commission for twelve years. Morris died on July 16, 2008 in Denver, Colo.
3 oversize folders
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Christa Reich-Morris;2010, 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Abbeys (monasteries) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Abbeys -- Colorado -- Denver -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children's museums (buildings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children's museums -- Colorado -- Trinidad -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hamill, William A. (William Arthur), 1836-1904 -- Archival resources.
- Historic buildings -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic house museums -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landgon Morris and Associates (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Morris, Langdon E., 1923-2008 -- Archives.
- Outhouses Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Outhouses -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Landgon E. Morris architectural records,1976-1981[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script