Landgon E. Morris Architectural Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains detailed architectural drawings for three historic preservation projects: reconstruction of the Hamill House Museum's out house structure in Georgetown (1978); conversion of Trinidad Fire House no.1 and City Hall (1981); redevelopment of St. Andrew's Abbey in Denver (1976).
- Morris, Langdon E.,1923-2008. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Landgon Emmons Morris, Jr. was born in Manhattan, N.Y. on January 29, 1923. He attended Philips Exeter Academy, Princeton University, and after WWII service with the U.S. Marines, graduated from the Pratt Institute (1950) and did graduate study with architect Mies van der Rohe at Illinois Institute of Technology and worked five years with architect Harry Weese in Chicago. Morris moved to Denver, Colo. in the mid-1950s and went on to design a variety of projects around the state: Larimer Square, Trinidad Children's Museum, Officers Golf Club at the U.S. Air Force Academy, St. Andrew's Abbey. He was involved with historic preservation projects around the state and served on the Denver Landmark Preservation Commission for twelve years. Morris died on July 16, 2008 in Denver, Colo.
3 oversize folders
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Christa Reich-Morris, 2010, 2011.
Repository also has Morris' book: Denver Landmarks (C978.81 M832de).
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Abbeys (monasteries) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Abbeys -- Colorado -- Denver -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children's museums (buildings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children's museums -- Colorado -- Trinidad -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hamill, William A. (William Arthur), 1836-1904 -- Archival resources.
- Historic buildings -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic house museums -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landgon Morris and Associates (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Morris, Langdon E., 1923-2008 -- Archives.
- Outhouses Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Outhouses -- Colorado -- Georgetown -- Designs and plans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script