Thomas B. Stewart Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence (1993), Return to Kiska reunion materials (1993-1994): correspondence, permits, reports, memos, notes, invoices, schedules, Japanese language materials, color photographs (identified).
- Stewart, Thomas Byrd,1919-2007. (Person)
- Stewart, Thomas Bryd, 1919-2007 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Byrd Stewart was born in Seattle on January 1, 1919 and enlisted in the Army as a private in April 1941. He was later received an Captain's commission after completing officer candidate training at Ft. Benning, Ga. in April 1942. Stewart served as company commander for the Headquarters Company of the 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment. He participated in the Kiska invasion and the Italian Campaign. During combat operations in Italy he was awarded both the Bronze Star Medal and the Silver Star Medal. He died in Juneau, Alaska on December 12, 2007.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Thomas B. Stewart;1994-1996.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kiska Island (Alaska) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stewart, Thomas Bryd, 1919-2007 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- Thomas B. Stewart Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 7, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States