Orville V. Harold Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a photographs album with 53 b/w photographs of Signal Corps personnel at Camp Hale during construction. Personnel is depicted conducting telephone and telegraph operations. Additional materials include German POW theater programs, clippings. A separate binder contains an additional 113 b/w photographs.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Orville V. Harold was born in 1902. He was assigned to the Signal Corps in early 1942 and was part of the 7th Service Command in Omaha, Nebraska. Harold worked for Hall Construction on the telephone line installations at Camp Hale, Colorado. He was in charge of the Signal Detachment throughout the construction period. He attained the rank of Major and retired at Fort McNair. Althought stationed at Camp Hale, he was not a member of the 10th Mountain Division.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Lois Harold; 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harold, Orville V., 1902-- -- Archives.
- Military bases, American -- Colorado -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Signal Corps -- Pictorial works.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orville V. Harold Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script