Maribel Dieter Nilsson oral history
Scope and Contents
Maribel Dieter Nilsson discusses the Dieter Bookbindery Co. The bindery was established in 1927 by Nilsson's grandfather and located at 1130 Park Ave. West, Denver, Colo. At one time Dieter Bindery was the only such business west of Chicago, Ill. and employed about 30 people. Nilsson later comments on riding the Denver Tramway between school, home, the bindery; and discusses her Uncle Vaughan, who was a volunteer during the 1917 Pancho Villa uprising.
- Check date
- Nilsson, Maribel Dieter,1922-1996. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Nilsson, Maribel Dieter, 1922-1996, (Person)
- Jefferson County Public Library, (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born Maribel Dieter in Denver, Colo. on August 2, 1922. Attended North High School and the University of Denver. Married Dr. Richard Nilsson.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Jefferson County Public Library;2008.
- Bookbinding -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dieter Bookbindery Company (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Nilsson, Maribel Dieter, 1922-1996 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Maribel Dieter Nilsson oral history,1986, August 5[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script