Art Commission records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes Commission ledger: minutes discuss donations, placement of monuments and sculpture, design procedures, and ordinances (July 25, 1904-January 14, 1914); correspondence (1966-1971); meeting notices and minutes (1966-1971).
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Art Commission of the City and County of Denver. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver city commission organized on July 20, 1904.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Art Commission of the City and County of Denver -- Archival resources.
- Public art -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Art Commission records,1904-1971[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States