Edward M. McCook papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains: 1. official commission for James B. Bell (of Boston, Mass.) as Commissioner of Deeds for Colorado Territory; signed by Gov. McCook June 29, 1869. -- 2. Letter (1870 Jan. 22) from Governor McCook to J.B. Chaffee about "Maxwell Grant question." -- 3. Letter (1874 July 29) from Governor McCook to N.C. Meeker about delegates to Republican Territorial convention.
- McCook, Edward Moody,1833-1909. (Person)
- Bell, James B. (Person)
- Meeker, Nathan Cook, 1814-1879. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edward McCook Moody was appointed Territorial Governor of Colorado by President Ulysses.S. Grant 1869-1873 and again 1874-1875.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase ;Fred Rosenstock,Denver, Colo. ;1966 :Chaffee letter. Gift;Unknown donor ;n.d. :other items.
- Appointing Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- Politics and government -- To 1876. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McCook, Edward Moody, 1833-1909 -- Biography.
- Territorial governors -- Colorado -- 19th century -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Edward M. McCook papers,1869-1874
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script