Act to Incorporate, February 21, 1860
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a document assigning the "exclusive right" to water on designated sections of the South Platte River and Cherry Creek. Certified copy signed: Hugh S. Walsh, Secretary of Kansas Territory.
- February 21, 1860
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis. .
Biographical / Historical
Capitol Hydraulic Company was established 1860 to conduct water "to the cities of Auraria, Denver, and Highland in the County of Arrapahoe, Territory of Kansas." Name changed 1865 to: Platte Water Company.
1 envelope (3 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase; John C. Olson, Denver, Colo.; 1981.
- Cherry Creek (Denver, Colo.) -- Water rights. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water rights -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water-supply -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Act to Incorporate, February 21, 1860.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script