Colfax-Larimer Viaduct Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains speeches, correspondence, promotional material urging construction of the Colfax-Larimer Viaduct in Denver, Colo. Seth B. Bradley, President of the city's Board of Public Works, organized plans for construction of this rail-yard/South Platte River overpass. Also material on the Midland Trail, auto road west of Denver, and Colorado highways in general.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Colfax-Larimer viaduct was constructed in 1917 and at that time, was the longest concrete viaduct in the world. The viaduct helped connect West Colfax with downtown Denver.
1 envelope (9 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Colfax-Larimer Viaduct (Denver, Colorado) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Midland Trail (Colorado) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Promotional materials. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roads -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Speeches (compositions) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Viaducts -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Colfax-Larimer Viaduct Collection.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States