Adair Welker Autobiography
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a signed typescript copy of autobiographical sketch originally written in response to a request from the librarian J.L Gillis of the State Library of California. Mostly concerns Welcker's attempts to have his writings published.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Adair Welker was a Calif. lawyer and author. B. May 26, 1858 Troy, N.Y.
1 envelope (2 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
GIft; Adair Welcker, Berkeley, Calif.; no date
Play entitled "Louis XVI", written by Welcker and presented to The Denver Public Libary.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Autobiographies. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Typescripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Adair Welker Autobiography
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script