Robert F. Williamson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 71 color photographs taken during the return to Italy reunion (1988). Subjects include images of the Italian Military Museum, and battlefields (photos take by Giancarlo Bendini).
- Williamson, Robert F.,1925-2009. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert F. Williamson was born May 17, 1925 in New York. He completed four years of high school prior to enlisting in the Army August 17, 1943 at New York City. During World War II, Williamson served with the 10th Mountain Division. He was initially assigned to the 90th Infantry Regiment at Camp Hale, Colorado. He later transferred to the 86th Infantry Regiment, Company C. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Texas and engaged in combat during the 10th Mountain Division’s Italian Campaign. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Pilastrino, Italy April 18, 1945. Williamson passed away December 12, 2009.
1 photo folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Robert Williamson; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Pictorial works.
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- Williamson, Robert F., 1925-2009 -- Archives.
- Robert F. Williamson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- July 24, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script