Obie Beasley Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains military correspondence, orders, rosters (1943-1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Obie Beasley was born on December 28, 1912 in McNeil, Ark., and received his military basic training at Camp Joseph T. Robinson, North Little Rock, Ark. He joined the 10th Mountain Division in Italy and was assigned to Company B of the 87th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations near San Benedetto Po, Beasley received the Bronze Star medal for his actions on April 23, 1945. He died in Magnolia, Ark. on November 27, 1970.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Alta Lawn, 2012.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Beasley, Obie, 1912-1970 -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script