William Denver McGass Genealogy
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of Denver Post newspaper article, ancestor chart (2 copies), and letter written by Jessie McGaa Craven (William McGaa's sister) to her son Ben Craven.
- McGaa, William Denver,Sr.,1859-1925. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
William Denver McGass is preported to have been the first white child born in Denver, Colo. on March 8, 1859. Died May 9, 1925 in Shannon, S.D.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown donor, n.d.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies (histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- McGaa, William Denver, Sr., 1859-1925 -- Genealogy
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Denver -- Genealogy -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States