Ted A. Harpainter Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of watercolors, sketches and pen an ink drawings made in 1945 and during the 1991 reunion tour; pen and ink drawing of the Italian front (March 1945), pencil drawing of Castel d' Aiano and Bagne de Luca (1945); books, clippings, correspondence, ephemera and military and personal papers.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ted Harpainter was born on October 23, 1925 in Oakland, Calif. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. where he was assigned to Company A of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Harpainter also served in Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Ted Harpainter; 1993, 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harpainter, Theodore A., 1925- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ted A. Harpainter Papers
- Keli Schmid
- October 18, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description