Donald R. "Bernie" Dallas Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a scrapbook with an activities log for Company I of the 86th (February-March 1945), military papers, code of conversation, bulletins, photographs.
- Dallas, Donald R.,1922-2001. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Donald R."Bernie" Dallas was born on December 9, 1922 in Corvallis, Oregon and enlisted in the Army on February 5, 1943 at Spokane, Washington. At the time of enlistment he had completed three years of high school, was single and working as a sales clerk. Dallas joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of Headquarters, 1st Battalion, later with Company I of the 86th Infantry. While engaged in combat operations in Italy, he received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po River campaigns. He attained the rank of Private First Class. Dallas died in Des Moines, Iowa on January 19, 2001.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dallas, Donald R., 1922-2001 -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Donald R. "Bernie" Dallas Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 19, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States