Robert M. Black Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains three memoirs written by Robert M. Black: memoir written to his son regarding his experiences at Camp Hale, Camp Swift and Italy (n.d.), memoir about the "D" series at Camp Hale (n.d.), reunion article published by the Baton Rouge Advocate (1999).
- 1999, Unknown
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert M. Black was born in Baton Rouge, La. in 1912 and enlisted in the Army at Columbus, Ohio in 1942. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to the 90th Infantry Regiment, but later transferred to the 86th Infantry Regiment where he served in several companies including the 86th Medical Detachment. Black was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and saw service in Italy. He attained the rank of Private First Class.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Robert M. Black; 2000.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black, Robert M., 1912- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert M. Black Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 25, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script