George D. Firman Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copy of Firman's memoir: "K Co. 87th Mtn. Inf. Reg." describing the invasion of Kiska Island; correspondence; photographs of Camp Roberts, Kiska Island, Italy.
- Firman, George D.,1924-2005. (Person)
- Firman, George D., 1924-2005 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George Dale Firman was born June 10, 1924 probably in Santa Ana, California. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado, where he was assigned to Company K of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. Firman participated in training at Fort Ord, California for the invasion of Kiska Island. He was part of the invasion force that landed on the Island August 15, 1943. During combat in Italy, Firman received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Cimon della Piella between March 1-27, 1945. Firman died October 19, 2005.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; George Firman; 2001.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Roberts (Calif.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Firman, George D., 1924-2005 -- Archives.
- Kiska Island (Alaska) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George D. Firman Papers
- Keli Schmid
- August 11, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States