Arthur Lloyd Monk Memoir
Scope and Contents
Collection contains rambling notes as jotted down in talks with Monk about his early days in Saguache Valley, Colo. Apparently kept by donor, Ethel Van Cise. Title on cover: Early Western notes, Saguache country of Colorado.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado pioneer in Saguache County 1874-1889. B. Winchester, England; moved to Denver 1889; employed by Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad.
1 envelope (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ethel Van Cise, 1947.
Varying Form of Title
Early Western notes, Saguache country of Colorado
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Colorado -- Saguache County -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Monk, Arthur Lloyd, 1857-1937 -- Biography.
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Saguache County (Colo.) -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script