Frank and John Dolinsek oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Frank and John Dolinsek's experiences: Aspen in the 1920s and 1930s; skiing and the development of the industry; early ski tow equipment known as the "Bow Tow"; A and T being used as a reserve infantry (Frank); leading troops at Lizzano, Belvedere, Pietra Colora, Mt. Nuvoleti (Frank); being awarded several medals (Frank); how troops saved the bridge at the Po Valley (Frank); Mussolini being captured (Frank); time in the Navy (John).
- Check date
- Dolinsek, Frank J. L.,1923- (Person)
- Dolinsek, Frank J. L., 1923- (Person)
- Dolinsek, John J., 1925- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Dolinsek was born on August 31, 1923 in Grand Junction, Colo. and enlisted in the Army on June 24, 1943 at Denver, Colo. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he served with the 10th Mountain Infantry, Antitank Battalion, Battery B. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. During combat operations in Italy, Dolinsek was attached to the 3rd Battalion of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He received two Bronze Star medals for his actions during combat at Pietra Colora on March 4, 1945 and at Mt. Nuvoleti on April 11, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Roaring Fork Valley Historical Association;2007.
Recording also includes observations by John Dolinsek, the younger brother of Frank Dolinsek, and his time in the US Navy.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dolinsek, Frank J. L., 1923- -- Interviews.
- Dolinsek, John J., 1925- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sailors -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. 10th Mountain Infantry, Antitank Battalion -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Frank and John Dolinsek oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States