Alexis Comparet Letter to M. J. McNamara, January 5, 1886
Scope and Contents
Letter from Alexis Comparet, Denver, Colo. offers the services of himself and fellow artist R.H. Tallant to paint two landscapes to be sold for the "public library fund." Letter signed: Alexis Comparet, R.H. Tallant.
- January 5, 1886
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alexis Comparet, painter living in Denver, Colo. Writing to Denver merchant M.J. McNamara (McNamara Dry Goods Co.), a member of the library committee of the Mercantile Library.
1 envelope (1 page)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Artists -- Colorado -- Denver -- Correspondence -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Alexis Comparet Letter to M. J. McNamara, January 5, 1886.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script