Ovando James Hollister Letter Extract
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter that disclaims aspects of Hollister's earlier "pamphlet" as "exceedingly crude" and admits "some of the incidents are colored somewhat to make a story." Accompanied by correspondence between the Western History Dept. and C.E. Dornbusch, New Rochelle, N.Y., regarding Hollister's authorship.
- Hollister, Ovando James,1834-1892. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ovando James Hollister was a private in the 1st Regiment of Colorado Volunteers, which fought in the New Mexico campaign, 1862.
1 envelope (1 item)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; n.d.
Typed transcript. Original bound in a copy of his History of the First Regiment of Colorado Volunteers (Denver, 1863)--at the Huntington Library, San Marino, Calif.
- Hollister, Ovando James, 1834-1892 -- Authorship.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States.$bArmy. -- Colorado Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1862-1865) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Ovando James Hollister Letter Extract
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States