Extracts from early records of the Historical Society of Colorado
- Check date
- Bancroft, Hubert Howe, 1832-1918. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Colorado Historical Society. (Organization)
- Rocky Mountain Gold Reporter and Mountain City Herald. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 microfilm reel
Forms part of the Hubert Howe Bancroft Collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
"Original in Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, California. Permission to reproduce in full or in part must be obtained from the director."
Contains notes from the first number of Rocky Mountain Gold Reporter & Mountain City Herald, with the imprint Mountain City, Jefferson, August 6, 1859; notes from an 1868 pamphlet, Colorado; a copy of one of Gilpin's controversial orders on the U.S. Treasury, Denver, 1861; extracts from two letters by S.H. Anthony, Fort Lyon, 1864, critical of the Sand Creek Massacre; deposition of Lieutenant James Olney, Fort Lyon, April 20, 1865, accusing Lieutenant Harry Richmond of atrocities in this affair.
- Anthony, S. H.
- Colorado Historical Society -- Archival resources.
- Fort Lyon (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historical societies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Olney, James.
- Richmond, Harry.
- Sand Creek Massacre, Colo., 1864. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Extracts from early records of the Historical Society of Colorado,1884[microform]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States