Uno Isaacson oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Isaacson's experiences: basic training Tex. and being selected for the 10th Mountain Division because he was too light for the air divisions; arrival at Camp Hale, Colo. and participation in the "D" series and frost bite on his feet; being eligible for disability; experiences in Italy at Belvedere, Pietra Colore, and Castel d'Aiano; coming upon a German tank; influences on his life.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Uno Isaacson was born on June 14, 1925 in Calumet, Mich. and enlisted in the Army on June 11, 1943 at Chicago, Ill. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a commercial driver. Isaacson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company K of the 87th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, he was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions during the Po River and Apennines campaigns in Spring 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Isaacson, Uno, 1925- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Uno Isaacson oral history,2005[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script