James W. Anderson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Anderson's Civil War diary (1863-1865), correspondence (copies of two letters), scrapbook contains letters, clippings, documents, etc. concerning James W. Anderson and his family, probably compiled by his son Archer Royal Anderson (1861-1933); microfilm (Mflm101) contains scrapbook.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James W. Anderson, Denver, Colo. businessman, born Apr. 22, 1837, Darwin, Ill. Served 10th Illinois Infantry (1862-1865). Moved to Denver, Colo. ca. 1880 and went into mercantile and real estate business. Active in Civil War veterans groups; was Assistant Adjutant General G.A.R. Dept. of Colorado and Wyoming; also commander of Veteran Legion of Colorado. Died April 15, 1895 in Denver.
1 oversize boxes
1 microfilm reels (35mm) (Mflm101)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
West Denver Auraria Historical Society,Denver, Colo.,gift,1953.
Collection contains microfilm Mflm 101.
- Businessmen -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the James W. Anderson Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script