Artists' Club of Denver Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Collection contains the scrapbook of the Artists' Club of Denver compiled by Bromwell with newspaper clippings, catalogs, mailings, announcements, exhibition data, membership lists, photographs of artists' homes. Also contains information on the Le Brun Art Club (1892-1893) and other clippings about related art, local people and events. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm4).
- Artists' Club (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Artists' Club of Denver established Dec. 16, 1893. Name changed 1917 to Denver Art Association. Club sponsored annual exhibitions starting in 1894, as well as lectures and other activities to further art in Denver. Became the Denver Art Museum in 1923.
Biographical / Historical
Henrietta Bromwell was a Denver, Colo. artist. Born 1859 in Charleston, Ill. Moved to Denver 1870. One of the founders and first secretary of the Artists' Club of Denver. Died Jan. 8, 1946 Denver, Colo. She was the daughter of American lawyer, politician from Ill. and prominent Freemason, Henry P. H. Bromwell (1823-1903).
1 oversize box
Other Finding Aids
Index in scrapbook. Also indexed in the repository's general index.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Henrietta Bromwell, Denver, Colo.; 1930.
Handle with care, scrapbook is in very fragile condition.
- Art -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver Art Association -- Archival resources
- Le Brun Art Club (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Artists' Club of Denver Scrapbook
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States