Robert R. Maiden oral history
Scope and Contents
Recalls Ku Klux Klan activities during the time he was bodyguard for Grand Dragon, Dr. John Galen Locke (1871-1935). Discusses election and actions of various city and state officials and their involvement with the organization; investigations of the organizations by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Maiden, Robert R.,1890-1976. (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado law-enforcement officer; member of the staff of the Denver District Attorney's office (1922). Bodyguard for John Galen Lock, Grand Dragon of Colorado Ku Klux Klan.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by James Harlan Davis.
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Colorado -- Interviews.
- Locke, John Galen, Dr., 1871-1935 -- Biography.
- Maiden, Robert R., 1890-1976 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- White supremacy movements -- Colorado -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert R. Maiden oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States