Trip to Pike's Peak
Scope and Contents
Journal of a vacation trip taken with relatives and friends from Southbridge, Mass. to Colorado summer 1879. Describes ascent of Pikes Peak and other sight-seeing excursions along the Front Range of Colorado. Includes a few newspaper clippings about Pikes Peak. Trip chiefly by rail; Pikes Peak climb by horseback, with final portion on foot. Transcription made of journal by donor, with interpolated dates.
- May 26-July 1879
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Resident of Southbridge, Mass.
1 envelope(s) (93 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Walter E. Stoddard,Sacramento, Calif.,purchase,1964.
- Colorado -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pikes Peak (Colo.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad travel -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Trip to Pike's Peak
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script