Denver Woman's Press Club Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains annual membership booklets; newsletters; invitations; programs; reports; scrapbooks of newspaper and magazine clippings; cash books; trust fund records; minute books; meeting minutes; board meeting minutes and committee reports; Who's Who in the Denver Woman's Press; contest applications; awards materials; photographs; microfilm with minutes books and meeting minutes; videocassettes of meetings and award events.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Founded 1898. One of the oldest women's press clubs in the United States. Membership open to journalists, corporate and mass communications professionals, business and trade writers, public relations specialists, grant writers, poets, novelists, educators and historians.
1 audiovisual boxes
2 oversize boxes
5 oversize folders
2 oversize folios
2 microfilm reels (35mm)
1 photo boxes
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Denver Woman's Press Club, 1971, 1979, 1981, 2010, 2011.
- Administrative records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver Woman's Press Club -- Archives.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Videocassettes. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women journalists -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script