J. Harold Dumm Oral History
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dumm's training experience at Camp Hale. At the time of the interview, Dumm was 96 years old. His son helped during the interview and reminded him of stories he had told in the past.
- Check date
- Dumm, James Harold,1912-2011. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James Harold Dumm was born on January 24, 1912 in Cresson, Pennsylvania and enlisted in the Army on August 10, 1943. At the time of enlistment he was married, had completed four years of college, and was working as financial institution clerk. Dumm joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company A of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Texas before deploying to Italy. Dumm attained the rank of Technician, Grade 5. He died in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on January 22, 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;James Harold Dumm;2007.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dumm, James Harold, 1912-2011 -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the James Harold Dumm oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script