Carroll O. Provost oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Provost's experiences: Camp Hale, Colo. and the weather, carrying rucksacks; combat and relationships with other soldiers.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Carroll Ovid Provost was born in Dexter, Me. on September 6, 1915 and enlisted in the Army on April 29, 1943 at Boston, Mass. At the time of his enlistment he was married, had completed four years of high school and working as a machinist. Provost joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. During combat operations in Italy, Perkins was wounded in action during the Apennines and Po River campaigns on March 1, 945 and later awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Mount della Torraccia.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Provost, Carroll O., 1915- -- Interviews.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Carroll O. Provost oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script