Marion H. Fields oral history
Scope and Contents
Chaplain with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. Served with the 85th Infantry Regiment at Camp Carson, Camp Swift and Italy.
- Fields, Marion H.,1914-1993 (Person)
- Fields, Larry W., (Person)
- Fields, Merl, (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Interview centers around the Fields family review of Reverend Fields' journals and correspondence which highlight the Reverend's deployment to Italy and his chaplain duties during World War II. The tape is a day-by-day recount of the Reverend's activities and impressions.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dr. Larry W. Fields, 2000.
Digitization provided by the Collaborative Digitization Program, Denver, Colorado.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Larry and Merl Fields.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Fields, Marion H., 1914-1993 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Chaplains -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Marion H. Fields oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States