Dan Lanford Kennerly oral history
Scope and Contents
Kennerly discusses his ancestry, childhood, military training and experiences during World War II.
- Kennerly, Daniel L.(Daniel Lanford),1922-2008. (Person)
- Kennerly, Daniel L. (Daniel Lanford), 1922-2008, (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born September 21, 1922 in Grayson, Georgia. Received Masters in School Administration, University of Georgia. Entered military service 1943. Joined the 10th Mountain Division, December 1943. Served with the 85th Infantry Regiment. Combat duty in Italy 1944-1945. Kennerly died on July 30, 2008 in Sautee Nacoochee, Ga
8 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dan Lanford Kennerly, 1996.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Kennerly, Daniel L. (Daniel Lanford), 1922-2008 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Dan Lanford Kennerly oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script