Arthur L. Glidden Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence believed to have been written by Glidden written between July 18 - November 18, 1943 (65 pages).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Arthur Leland Glidden was born on February 12, 1907 in N.Y. and enlisted in the Army on October 23, 1942 at Hartford, Conn. At the time of his enlistment he was married, had completed four years of high school and working as a manager. Glidden joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company L of the 87th Infantry Regiment and attained the rank of Technician Grade 5. He later served at Camp Ord. Calif. and on Kiska Island, Alaska. Glidden left the 10th Mountain Division to attend officer's candidate school. He died on February 3, 1997 in New Canaan, Conn.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; C. Minot Dole, Jr.; 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Glidden, Arthur L., 1907-1997 -- Archives.
- Ski troops -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arthur L. Glidden Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 28, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script