Harold L. Jackson oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Jackson's experiences: medical treatment of Italian citizens, especially children for illnesses and wounds; Po River campaign and the outbreak of hepatitis.
- Check date
- Jackson, Harold L.,1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Harold L. Jackson was born in Wichita, Kan. on March 13, 1923 and enlisted in the Army on June 24, 1944 at Leavenwork, Kan. At the time of his enlistment he was single and had graduated with a degree in chemistry from the University of Wichita. Jackson received basic medical training at Camp Barkley, Tex. before joining the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. In Italy, he served as a member of the medical detachment of the 616th Field Artillery Battalion, later as a supply sargeant. Jackson received a Bronze Star medal for his actions during the Apennines and Po River campains in Spring 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 616th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- person interviewed (as in 100), date -- Interviews.
- Finding Aid for the Harold L. Jackson oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script