William E. Best oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Bell's use of his rifle, training at Camp Swift, and his experiences with the 86th and 90th Infantry Regiments.
- Check date
- Best, William E.,1925- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
William E. Best was born in N.Y. in 1925 and enlisted in the Army on July 21, 1943 at New York City. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, and had completed four years of high school. Best joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company A, later with Headquarters Company of the 90th Infantry Regiment, then with Company B and Service Company of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Best attained the rank of Private First Class.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;William E. Best;2007.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Best, William E., 1925- -- Interviews.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the William E. Best oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script