Ralph P. Crawford oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Crawford's time as a member of the 86th Infantry, how he came to join the 10th Mountain Division, weapons he carried, being wounded in action near Lake Garda.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ralph P. Crawford was born in Logan, Utah on January 8, 1925 and enlisted in the Army on June 4, 1943 in Salt Lake City, Utah. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working in trades and services. Crawford had been a member of the Snow Basin ski patrol before the war and arrived at Camp Hale, Colo. on June 4, 1943 where he was assigned to Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment, and also served with Company I and Company K. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. before being deployed to Italy. Crawford received the Silver Star Medal for his actions at Mt. Nonascoso on April 17, 1945 and was wounded in action at Ponte Samoggia on April 20, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Ralph P. Crawford;2007.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crawford, Ralph P., 1925- -- Interviews.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Ralph P. Crawford oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States